Unilever activated its United for America cause initiative for the November edition of its stand-alone Super Saver FSI event, distributed on Nov. 1.
Promising more than $45 in coupons provided within "as a thank you to you," the event’s front page sent consumers to the back of the insert to learn more about the manufacturer's relief effort while depicting positive scenes of pandemic life such as cooking at home with family and waving out the window at masked neighbors returning home with groceries. The back page again thanked consumers with a message:
"Through United for America, Unilever has given $25 million [worth] of goods and services for pandemic relief and rebuild efforts. We've given our products and supplies to people that need them, donated digital devices to students and families, and are helping 250 women-owned businesses thrive. Thank you for joining us!"
Continuing the "thank you" theme and directing consumers to weareunitedforamerica.com for more information, interior FSIs were once again devoted to Unilever's personal care brands with the exception of one quarter-page FSI for Lipton tea.
- Suave touted its lines for kids, men and professionals, the last with a "products co-created with women with natural hair" message in a full-page FSI.
- Suave also employed a half-page FSI to promote "new moisturizing and exfoliating items."
- Tresemme promised "salon quality hair at home," again.
- Dove promised America "nourishing care no matter your hair type" and directed consumers to find the right custom Dove product formula "made for your hair type" while employing #myhairmyway in a half-page FSI.
- Caress invited consumers to "immerse your senses" and "get glowing skin" while touting its million-dollar commitment to support women of color entrepreneurs via iFundWomen of Color.
Pond's, Noxzema, Simple, St. Ives, Dove Men + Care, Vaseline and Lever were among other brands represented in the event, which is published and distributed by Valassis' RetailMeNot Everyday.
Path to Purchase Institute members can view the full article including more images and retailer overlays on p2pi.org.