Procter & Gamble welcomed the summer season by spotlighting select personal care brands in the July edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on July 4 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page depicted SKUs from Crest, Pantene and Gillette Venus alongside a "hello summer" message. As last month, the cover also promoted P&G's sponsorship of the Olympic Games while touting up to $114 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within.
The first interior page continued the summer theme with a "be radiant this summer" message and spotlighted the benefits of personal care items from the aforementioned brands as well as Secret and Tampax.
Among additional notable activity:
- A full-page FSI spotlighted P&G's efforts to "build girls' confidence through sports" and the manufacturer's pledge to donate to the YMCA for every purchase of Always pads and Tampax tampons.
- Olay dangled $10 off two of its "#1 moisturizing brands."
- Febreze dangled BOGOF offers on SKUs including Febreze Plug and Car.
- Bounty, Charmin and Puffs encouraged shoppers to "save now" on "school-time essentials."
- P&G encouraged shoppers to enter to win a year's worth of products by joining its cause-focused rewards program P&G Good Everyday. The FSI depicted a QR code for shoppers to scan to enter through Aug. 15.
Align, Pepto-Bismol and Gain highlighted a range of new products, while brands including Herbal Essences, Head & Shoulders, Oral-B, Prilosec, Nervive, Stressballs, Tide, Mr. Clean, Swiffer, 9 Elements, Gain, Downy, Cascade, Dawn, Gillette, Ivory and Pampers were also represented in the event.