CVS Pharmacy is addressing COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy by encouraging shoppers to get vaccinated with a #OneStepCloser sweepstakes dangling social trips and other prizes from participating CPG manufacturers and other sponsors.
The effort invites Americans (excluding Florida residents) who have received or plan to receive a COVID-19 vaccination through a CVS vaccination site to enter weekly drawings from June 1 through July 10 for an opportunity to win one of more than 1,000 prizes. (CVS also allows, though does not promote, mail-in entries from non-vaccinated consumers.)
Among the partners and prizes currently planned:
- CVS will award 125 $500 gift cards as well as five $5,000 gift cards meant to fund family reunions.
- Procter & Gamble is contributing a VIP trip to Super Bowl LVI in Los Angeles, including Super Bowl game tickets, airfare and lodging.
- Unilever is contributing 250 “Night Out” coupon booklets to use toward free Unilever products such as Dove, Tresemme, Suave, Degree, Schmidt’s and St. Ives, and a grand prize of a 2022 NCAA Final Four package.
- Dating app Hinge is contributing 500 $100 gift cards for dates and one grand prize of a $5,000 gift card for an “ultimate date experience” for a winning couple.
- Norwegian Cruise Line will contribute 100 seven-day cruise trips in a balcony stateroom to the winners' choice of destination, including the Caribbean, Alaska and Europe.
- Bermuda Tourism Authority is giving away five three-night trips, including hotel accommodations and round-trip transportation.
- iHeartMedia is contributing a VIP package to attend the iHeartRadio Music Festival, including first-class airfare, hotel, floor seats, backstage experiences with artists and other perks.
- Wyndham Rewards is contributing five two-night weekend getaways with a Platinum membership upgrade, and a grand-prize, seven-night getaway including an airfare voucher and a Diamond membership upgrade, redeemable at hotels, vacation club resorts and vacation rentals around the globe.
Eligible Americans enter at cvs.com/onestepclosersweeps. Support includes a digital and social media awareness campaign including uplifting video ads (view below) emphasizing all the things Americans get back when they get vaccinated, full-page features in the retailer's digital circular that direct users to the sweeps web page, and a dedicated One Step Closer Instagram Highlight series on the CVS Pharmacy Instagram account.
“We're grateful for the millions of people who’ve received one of the well over 17 million doses we’ve administered at CVS Health, but we have a long way to go,” Dr. Kyu Rhee, senior vice president and a chief medical officer of CVS Health said in a media release. “Getting as much of the population fully vaccinated will bring us one step closer to all the things we’ve missed during the past 14 months, and keep our country moving in the right direction.”