- 88% search for cost-saving promotions
- 86% of consumers seek deals while shopping
- 83% want freebies with their purchase
- 82% find discounting valuable
Direct Customer Support
The brands that positively stand out to consumers are focused on their consumers' needs during a difficult, unprecedented time.
- 61% want customer support from brands
- 58% are impressed by brands providing a necessary service during the pandemic
- 55% value brands making changes to their normal business to help their consumers
Brands Helping Out Communities
In addition, consumers value:
- Responsible brand messaging regarding COVID-19 (58%)
- Charitable contributions by the brand (54%)
- Brands addressing novel coronavirus concerns (50%)
What Consumers Don’t Like or Value From Brands
Don’t go silent – 29% of consumers feel discomfort when a favorite brand has remained silent during the outbreak. So brands face the balancing act of being in the conversation without becoming the situation.
Humor or Comedic Relief? Nah.
Most consumers (79%) don’t trust brands to use humor when discussing COVID-19.
Direct Product Charitable Give-Back Component Not Crucial
Only 37% of consumers gravitate towards purchases that have a charitable give-back component.