Unilever turned the spotlight on February's designation of Black History Month in the latest edition of its stand-alone Super Saver FSI event, distributed on Feb. 14.
The front and back cover encouraged consumers to "Honor Your Natural Beauty" while touting Shea Moisture's investments in Black women entrepreneurs. The front cover also touted the more than $65 worth of coupons contained within the insert.
Interior FSIs continued the theme:
- A full-page FSI uniting Dove Amplified, Suave Professionals, Emerge and Shea Moisture products positioned the SKUs as "perfect products for kinky, coily and wavy hair."
- Shea Moisture also touted its bath & body and face products in a separate full-page FSI boasting of "powerful ingredients."
- Vaseline directed consumers to vaseline.com to see how the brand is working toward "equity in care for Black and Brown skin" in a full-page FSI.
- Caress touted its $1 million commitment to supporting women of color entrepreneurs via iFundWomen of Color in a half-page FSI.
- Dove used a full-page FSI to proclaim its status as a co-founder of the Crown Coalition, which works to make hair discrimination illegal, while depicting a QR code consumers can scan to sign the The Crown Act petition calling on members of the Senate to support anti-hair discrimination legislation.
Among additional activity, several brands touted new SKUs:
- Dove used a half-page FSI to introduce an entirely new product line — Hair Therapy shampoos, conditioners and treatments — and the other half-page FSI to tout a new eucalyptus and birch, plant-based Men+Care hair cleanser.
- Nexxus touted the addition of Curl Define hair care to its lineup with a full-page FSI delivering a coupon for $5 off a Nexxus product.
- Axe introduced its first-ever "Dual Action" formula with a BOGO offer in a full-page FSI.
Additional brands represented in the event included Tresemme.
Path to Purchase Institute members can view the full article including more images and retailer overlays on p2pi.org.