Sustainable living spenders score highly on both their belief in climate change and cognitive flexibility, making the most green-motivated consumers and the ideal target for brand marketers of environmentally friendly products and services. Most consumers who fall under this persona are:
- Women around the age of 52.
- Highly educated and have an annual household income that’s 37% higher than average.
- 26% more likely to purchase beauty products.
- 21% less likely to shop at Walmart — 10% more likely to shop at Target.
Some other key findings from the report include:
- Green, sustainable products and services are on their way to becoming a trillion-dollar market.
- Nearly three quarters (75%) of consumers said they prefer eco-friendly brands, but 60% are unwilling to pay more money for that green product.
- Nearly 75% of overall consumers said they prefer eco-friendly brands, and green shoppers in particular spend 23% more on discretionary items than average each year.