Procter & Gamble Celebrates Fall
Procter & Gamble encouraged shoppers to get "cozy" with its products this fall in the September edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on Aug. 30 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page depicted Downy Infusions "calm" fabric softener, Febreze Wax Melts "ocean" air freshener cubes and Puffs facial tissues under a "Fall Cozy" message. The cover also boasted of up to $91 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within.
An interior page employed a "create a cozy home" message while spotlighting the aforementioned Febreze and Puffs SKUs as well as Vicks ZzzQuil Pure Zzzs items and Old Spice Bearglove deodorant. A "relax & save" theme continued through the rest of the FSI event.
In other noteworthy activity:
- Secret shined a spotlight on its new aluminum-free deodorant with a BOGOF offer in a full-page FSI depicting PETA's global "Beauties Without Bunnies" cruelty-free logo.
- Oral-B dangled a $25 mail-in coupon for its new iO electric toothbrush, promising a "professional clean feel every day."
- Febreze dangled a BOGOF deal on its pumpkin- and apple-scented air fresheners.
- The event's back cover continued to tout P&G's recently revamped, cause-focused Good Everyday rewards program.
- Always used a half-page FSI to tout its Discreet Boutique incontinence products.
- Head & Shoulders activated P&G's National Football League sponsorship while promising "up to 100% dandruff protection."
- A full-page FSI spotlighted P&G's efforts to #EndPeriodPoverty, pledging to donate one period product to U.S. school girls for every pack of Always pads and Tampax tampons purchased in September.
- Bounty, Charmin and Puffs tied in to the upcoming Labor Day holiday.
- Downy boasted its Defy Damage fabric conditioning beads protect fabric from "stretch, fade, and fuzz in every wash."
The event also plugged new SKUs from Vicks Children's Botanicals and Vicks Immunity Zzzs, as well as honey-flavored products from VapoCool, DayQuil and NyQuil.
Brands including Dreft, Tide, Dawn, Gain, Mr. Clean, Prilosec, Metamucil, StressBalls, Gillette, Crest, Fixodent, Olay, Pantene, Herbal Essences, Waterless and Pampers were also represented in the event.