Distributed on Dec. 27, 2020, via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page depicted Pantene and Olay SKUs. Employing a "brilliant moisture" message, the cover boasted of the up to $90 in coupons (depending on the market) contained inside. The first interior FSI continued the "brilliant" theme, spotlighting SKUs from the aforementioned brands as well as Puffs and Vicks.
In additional seasonal activity:
- P&G continued to recruit members to its P&G Good Everyday rewards program with an FSI promising prospective members a chance to win a year's worth of P&G products.
- Olay boasted its new "Regenerist Collagen Peptide 24" moisturizer "hydrates better than the $100, $200, even the $400 cream to visibly firm skin," and encouraged shoppers to watch the Jan. 6 episode of Olay-sponsored The Dr. Oz Show to "learn more about powerful ingredients."
- Puffs, Safeguard, Vicks NyQuil and Microban joined for a full-page FSI encouraging shoppers to "stock up for cold & flu season" and choose "Safeguard America" when joining P&G Good Everyday to trigger a hand sanitizer donation to a frontline worker.
- Secret dangled a BOGOF deal on a dry spray or aluminum-free deodorant.
- Herbal Essences used a half-page FSI to spotlight its new packaging.
The event also plugged new SKUs from Vicks and Always.
Brands including Head & Shoulders, Metamucil, Align, Stressballs, Prilosec, Fixodent, Crest, Febreze, Charmin, Bounty and Tampax were also represented in the event.
NOTE: Path to Purchase Institute members can view the full brandSaver article including images and retailer overlays on p2pi.org.