Procter & Gamble activated its sponsorship of the National Football League's Super Bowl 2021 in its February edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on Jan. 31 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page depicted Tide laundry detergent pods, Gillette ProGlide razors and Head & Shoulders shampoo/conditioner alongside a Super Bowl LV-emblazoned football. The cover also boasted of up to $83 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within.
Touting P&G as an official Super Bowl LV sponsor, the first interior FSI continued the football theme by employing a "conquer by savings" message and spotlighting the aforementioned SKUs as well as Old Spice dry spray deodorant. In additional football-themed activity:
- Crest and Oral-B united for an interior spread depicting personal care items on a football field under a "score with savings" message.
- Bounty, Puffs and Charmin encouraged consumers to get "ready for the game" and "save now."
Among additional noteworthy activity:
- P&G continued to recruit members to its P&G Good Everyday rewards program with an FSI encouraging shoppers to "earn rewards" and "do good" and depicting a QR code consumers can scan to join.
- A full-page FSI tied in to February's designation as Black History Month by depicting Head & Shoulders "Royal Oils" and Pantene "Gold Series" lines while promoting a sweepstakes awarding 50 DNA kits. Consumers enter the sweeps via crownsofheritage.com from Jan. 8 through Feb. 28. (P&G staged a similar sweeps in February 2020, awarding a trip to West Africa.)
- Febreze dangled a free Plug warmer with no purchase necessary, and a BOGOF offer on a Febreze "air," "car," or "small spaces" SKU.
- Pampers used a full-page FSI to encourage shoppers to join its Pampers Club rewards program, depicting a QR code to download the app and promising new members $5 cash back after their first three diaper scans.
- Olay plugged its new Collagen Peptide 24 line, boasting the line's "facial moisturizer hydrates better than the $400 cream to visibly firm skin."
The event also plugged new SKUs from Tide and Downy.
Brands including Herbal Essences, Always, Pantene, Vicks, NyQuil, Prilosec, Align, Stressballs, Mr. Clean, Metamucil, Cascade and Safeguard were also represented in the event.
Note: Path to Purchase Institute members can view the full brandSaver article including images and retailer overlays on p2pi.org.