P&G Hypes up Football Season in October FSI
Procter & Gamble welcomed the return of football by activating its sponsorship of the National Football League in the latest edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on Sept. 27 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page depicted a Gillette ProGlide razor above the NFL logo. Employing an "every day is gameday" message, the cover also boasted of up to $109 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within. A Gillette ProGlide FSI on the inside cover continued the football theme, mirroring the cover's message and creative while dangling up to $12 in savings on Gillette SKUs. In additional football-themed activity:
- Bounty, Charmin and Puffs used a full-page FSI to encourage shoppers to "kickoff the season with savings."
- An interior spread (extending an inch above the rest of the insert pages) shined a spotlight on new products from Vicks, Pampers Pure, Luvs, Always Discreet, Align, ZzzQuil and Downy Defy, positioning them as a shopper's "best defense" and highlighting the benefits of select SKUs.
- Old Spice used a half-page FSI to position its SKUs as the "#1 brand for sweat protection."
In other noteworthy activity:
- Always employed a full-page FSI (extending above the rest of the insert pages) to spotlight its new "low-rise hipster" underwear for bladder leaks.
- Enjoying the same aforementioned extended FSI treatment, Vicks plugged new OTC items from DayQuil, NyQuil and Sinex.
- Olay promised its Retinol24 moisturizer "hydrates better than the $100 retinol" products.
- Pampers continued to promote its Pampers Club loyalty program, depicting a QR code to download the program's mobile application and promising shoppers $5 cash back after the first three diaper scans.
- Tampax boasted its Pocket tampons provide "30% better protection" than Kimberly-Clark's U by Kotex line.
- Febreze dangled "buy one, get one free" deals on Plug refills and Small Spaces products.
- Tide boasts its new Hygienic Clean power pods removes visible and invisible dirt.
- Downy touted its new Defy Damage fabric softener "keeps clothes looking newer longer."
- P&G continued to promote its recently revamped, cause-focused Good Everyday rewards program, this time highlighting its partnership with United Day to provide educational packets for kids returning to school.
Brands including Secret, Gain, Microban, Swiffer, Mr Clean and Dreft were also represented in the event.