P&G Encourages Giving Again in July brandSaver FSI
Procter & Gamble promoted its revamped, cause-focused rewards program in the July 2020 edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on July 5 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page employed a "Let's Do Some Good" call to action to promote P&G Good Everyday, which officially launched on May 20. An introductory message read, "... your everyday actions and purchases of trusted P&G brands help support causes you care about while earning you rewards." A QR code linked to the program's hub on pggoodeveryday.com, and other QR codes for various brand savings appeared throughout. The front page also boasted of up to $103 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within.
The back cover continued to plug the new rewards program as a way to "Do Some Good" by purchasing P&G brands in support of aid for COVID-19, environmental and poverty causes, again employing a QR code to link to pggoodeveryday.com for program details.
Among additional activity:
- Braun's Series 7 shaving system promised $20 off and free shipping.
- Olay offered up to $9 in savings for SPF-infused moisturizer and directed consumers to olay.com/offers for additional savings.
- Pampers touted $5 in cash back through its Club savings app.
- Gain's plugged new Oxi Boost and Febreze laundry detergent.
- Safeguard pledged $10 million worth of hand soap towards COVID-19 relief.
Brands including Venus, Gillette, Head & Shoulders, Cascade, Swiffer, Mr. Clean, Pantene, Tampax, Herbal Essences, Oral-B, Align, ZzzQuil, Dawn, Dreft, Bounce, Old Spice and Secret were also represented in the event.
NOTE: Path to Purchase Institute members can view the full brandSaver article including images and retailer overlays on p2pi.org.