P&G Celebrates the Seasons
Procter & Gamble's November edition of brandSaver tied in to Halloween and other typical fall occasions.
Distributed on October 25 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page employed a "Trick or Sweet" message alongside a depiction of oral care products in a pumpkin pail. The spotlighted items were Moana- and Frozen 2-branded Crest and Oral-B SKUs with license from Walt Disney Co. The cover also boasted of up to $89 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within.
An interior "Thrifty Tricks & Treats" spread delivered tips on how to use Bounty, Puffs, Charmin and Gillette products to create Halloween decorations. Meanwhile, a full-page FSI for Crest assured parents they can “Bring on the candy” because “we've got you covered” with oral care products to clean after indulging in the sugary treats of Halloween.
In a half-page FSI, P&G activated its National Football League sponsorship to dangle a $15 rebate with purchases of $50. The other half plugged P&G’s disaster relief efforts.
Another sponsorship activation earned a full-page treatment, touting PBS documentary Not Done: Women Remaking America and directing consumers to notdonefilm.com.
In additional seasonal activity:
- Febreze elevated Cranberry, Vanilla and Pine seasonal scents.
- Vicks touted more new, cold and flu season products.
- The Bounty, Charmin and Puffs trio reminded consumers that "Thanksgiving is almost here.'"
Among other noteworthy activity:
- Haircare got the spotlight with FSIs for Head & Shoulders, Pantene and Herbal Essences, the last brand touting new packaging.
- Olay's Regenerist dangled savings of up to $10 in a spread.
- Braun employed a QR code alongside an offer of free shipping on its Series 9 shaver.
Brands including Always, Metamucil, Old Spice, Safeguard, Tide, Dreft, Stressballs, Secret, Venus and Pampers were also represented in the event, and P&G continued to plug its Good Everyday Rewards program.
NOTE: Path to Purchase Institute members can view the full brandSaver article including images and retailer overlays on p2pi.org.