Procter & Gamble tied in to the March 8 designation of "International Women's Day" for this month's edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on Feb. 28 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page depicted SKUs from Always, Secret, Gillette Venus and Olay Regenerist and employed a series of hashtags led by #WeSeeEqual. The cover also boasted of up to $98 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within.
The inside spread continued the #WeSeeEqual theme, highlighting P&G is a founding partner of Seneca Women Podcast Network and app, which aims to amplify women's voices. Inviting consumers to "join the conversation," the spread plugged podcasts such as the twice-weekly “Seneca’s 100 Women to Hear” podcast.
Among additional noteworthy activity:
- Bounty and Charmin invited consumers to celebrate International Women's Day while plugging Charmin "Mega" and new Bounty "Triples" SKUs.
- P&G continued to recruit members to its P&G Good Everyday rewards program by highlighting the program's "Take on Race" fund, which supports organizations in their fight to advance justice and equality for Black Americans. The FSI communicated members "can have P&G automatically donate to this worthy cause."
- Herbal Essences shined a spotlight on new packaging for its sulfate-free, honey-scented "bio:renew" haircare SKUs.
- Vicks plugged new Children's Botanicals cough syrup and Immunity Zzzs vitamin gummies and chewable tablets.
- Crest boasted its new "Advanced Gum Restore" toothpaste can help heal gums in seven days, while its 3D White Brilliance toothpaste can remove "up to 100%" of stains.
- Tide Cleaners used a spread to spotlight its contactless delivery and self-service lockers and kiosks.
- Secret and Old Spice dangled a BOGOF offer on the brands' dry antiperspirant and deodorant sprays.
- Gillette, Old Spice and Head & Shoulders joined for an FSI promising shoppers who spend $30 or $50 worth of the brands' SKUs a $10 or $15 mail-in rebate, respectively, from Jan. 1 through June 30. The FSI depicted National Football League player DK Metcalf and directed shoppers to usedailyforgreatness.com to download the rebate form.
The event also plugged new SKUs from brands including Fixodent, 9 Elements and Gillette.
Brands including Pantene, Waterless, Prilosec, Pepto Bismol, Metamucil, Always, Ivory, Safeguard, Stressballs, Oral-B, Cascade, Dawn, Puffs, Old Spice, Head & Shoulders and Pampers were also represented in the event.
Path to Purchase Institute members can view the full brandSaver article including images and retailer overlays on p2pi.org.