P&G brandSaver: October 2018
Procter & Gamble kicked off football season by activating its sponsorship of the National Football League in its October edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on Sept. 30 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page depicted Gillette, Head & Shoulders and Old Spice SKUs for men above the official NFL logo. The cover also boasted of up to $99 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within. The first interior spread continued the football theme, spotlighting products from the aforementioned brands under a "winning line-up" message.
In additional football-themed activity:
- Head & Shoulders used a half-page FSI to proclaim "shoulders were made for greatness. Not dandruff."
- Old Spice, Olay, Secret and Gillette joined for a spread delivering $11 in coupons to help consumers "get into the fresh zone."
- A half-page FSI dangled a $10 prepaid Visa card with purchase of $30 worth of eligible P&G brands from Sept. 15 through Jan. 15, 2019. Consumers redeem the offer by uploading their eligible receipts to pghomefieldadvantage.com.
Among other noteworthy activity:
- Febreze dangled a BOGO offer on its Plug refills while spotlighting its "fresh pressed apple" scent as a nod to autumn.
- Crest highlighted its array of toothpastes in a Halloween-themed FSI inviting consumers to "bring on the candy."
- Bounty, Charmin and Puffs joined for an autumn-themed FSI, reminding consumers to "stock up now" because "cold and flu is no fun."
- Pampers touted new "2x softer" and "more absorbent" Swaddlers diapers.
Brands including Pantene, Herbal Essences, Always, Oral-B, ZzzQuil, Vicks, DayQuil, NyQuil, Metamucil, Pepto Bismol, Mr. Clean, Swiffer, Tide and Gain were also represented in the event.
See P2PI.org for this week's retailer overlays.