P&G brandSaver: November 2017
Procter & Gamble heralded the winter holidays with its November edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on Oct. 29 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page depicted Charmin, Puffs, Febreze and Olay. The cover boasted of up to $86 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within, as well as up to $179 in savings through brandsaver.com. The first interior spread showcased Febreze and Charmin again along with Bounty, Crest and Febreze Unstoppables under a simple "gather" message.
Continuing the seasonal theme, Bounty, Charmin and Puffs invited consumers to "stock up for Thanksgiving" while Febreze showcased pine-scented candles and air fresheners.
Olay promised to help consumers "fall back to a younger-looking you" and invited them to watch the Nov. 6 episode of The Dr. Oz Show to "learn how to get younger-looking skin in 28 days."
In additional noteworthy activity:
- A spread touted the availability of P&G digital coupons on the Flipp mobile application.
- A full-page FSI spotlighted "dermatologist recommended" SKUs from Tide, Downy and Bounce and directed consumers to brandsaver.com for coupons for the aforementioned brands and Gain.
- Multiple brands joined to tie in to Veterans Day by touting P&G's employment of veterans and support of veteran-owned small businesses on the FSI event's back cover.
- Pantene touted a "new look" and dangled a free 3 Minute Miracle conditioner with the purchase of a shampoo from the brand.
- Gain presented its new Botanicals laundry detergent as comprising 65% plant-based ingredients.
Brands including Cascade, Pampers, Metamucil, Prilosec, ZzzQuil, Vicks, Pepto-Bismol, Align, Always, Head & Shoulders and Gillette were also represented in the event.
See Related Updates on P2PI for this week's concurrent retailer programs.