P&G brandSaver: July 2019
Procter & Gamble dove into summer in the July edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on July 7 via Valassis the stand-alone insert's front page spotlighted Pampers Splashers swim diapers, Gillette Venus razors and Secret deodorant. The cover also boasted of up to $100 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within.
The interior spread continued the summer theme employing a "Dive Into Savings' message and highlighting the aforementioned SKUs, as well as Olay Regenerist Olay Regenerist Whip moisturizer with SPF and Crest whitening strips. A "Deep Summer Savings" theme continued through the rest of the FSI event.
In other noteworthy activity:
- Olay used a full-page FSI to spotlight its collection of SKUs with SPF and dangle shoppers a $10 rebate with a $40 purchase of the brand's skin care SKUs from July 1-31.
- A "back-to-school savings" message joined an FSI for Swiffer dangling up to $4 in saving on its SKUs and an FSI for Mr. Clean spotlighting the brand's new Clean Freak deep cleaning mist.
- Secret and Olay activated their official sponsorships of the U.S. women's national soccer team, which won the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup this month.
- Crest plugged its new Pro-Health "gum and sensitivity" tooth paste, encouraging consumers to "wrap your teeth in sensitivity protection."
- Tide highlighted its new Studio by Tide laundry detergent for dark and colorful apparel under a "Is it new? No it's washed in Studio by Tide" message and claimed it "fights the fade, even in hot water."
- Dreft positioned its laundry detergent as "exclusively made for babies," while directing shoppers to brandsaver.com for $3 in savings.
- The event also plugged new SKUs from Fixodent, Metamucil, Pepto-Bismol and Cascade.
- Bounty, Charmin and Puffs positioned its SKUs as "school-time essentials."
Brands including Old Spice, Hair Food, Downy, Head & Shoulders, Herbal Essences, Prilosec, Oral-B, Pantene, Tampax, Vicks Pure Zzzs Kids, Align, Febreze, Dawn and Gain were also represented in the event.
See P2PI.org for this week's retailer overlays.