P&G Again Touts Rewards Program in August brandSaver
Procter & Gamble continued to spotlight its revamped, cause-focused rewards program and encourage consumers to "do some good" in the August edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on July 26 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page employed a "Let's Do Some Good" call to action and plugged the P&G Good Everyday rewards program, which launched in May. Similar to the July brandSaver, the front page of the August edition also depicted a QR code linking to the program's hub on pggoodeveryday.com. The cover additionally touted Tide, Gillette and Always SKUs while boasting of up to $93 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within.
The first interior spread and back cover continued to plug the new rewards program, communicating that P&G purchases earn rewards such as gift cards and fun experiences. A QR code again linked to the program's online hub. The spread also highlighted P&G cause campaigns P&G Good Everyday members can opt to donate their rewards to, such as the manufacturer's #EndPeriodPoverty initiative.
Among additional activity:
- Secret used a full-page FSI to tout a new look for its clinical strength antiperspirant, promising "2X better sweat protection" versus "an ordinary antiperspirant" and touting a "best of beauty" award from Conde Nast's Allure magazine.
- Cascade positioned its dishwasher detergent and "power dry" rinse aid as a "power couple."
- Tide plugged its "heavy duty" liquid laundry detergent, positioning it as a "heavy duty tool for heavy duty stains and odors."
- Pantene spotlighted its haircare SKUs, inviting consumers to have "more great hair days."
- Olay offered up to $5 in savings for its skincare SKUs and directed consumers to olay.com/offers for additional savings.
Brands including Dawn, Mr. Clean, Downy, Bounce, Dreft, Oral-B, Crest, Pantene, Metamucil, Stressballs, Vicks, Prilosec, Align, ZzzQuil, Herbal Essences, Pampers, Gillette, Venus and Old Spice were also represented in the event.