Industry Leaders Help Institute Set Future Course
A group of leading executives are devoting their time, expertise and passion for the industry to serve as official advisors for the Path to Purchase Institute as it seeks to develop new and better ways to serve members.
The illustrious group, most of whom have been longstanding members, will provide ongoing insight and guidance as the Institute strives to find new and better ways to help its members succeed in the volatile marketplace for consumer goods commerce. They represent a cross-section of experts and thought leaders from all aspects of the industry: retailers, brands, agencies, solution providers and independent consultants.
“We are honored that these executives have committed themselves to helping the Institute better understand and address the needs of our members and the industry at large,” said Tanner Van Dusen, the Institute’s managing director. “Since the group first convened last September, we’ve been humbled by the level of dedication they’ve shown. They’ve already provided invaluable guidance.”
The work of the Path to Purchase Institute Advisory Board began soon after its first meeting, when the group established smaller working teams to help identify actionable ideas related to thought leadership (especially research), training and talent development, event strategy and execution, and marketing/communications.
The group’s first assignment was to help develop a new vision statement that would articulate how the Institute’s original mission has evolved in response to unprecedented industry change. After several committee meetings and full-board discussions, the group was pleased to sign off on the following vision statement:
The Path to Purchase Institute is the nexus of omnicommerce, represented by a network of manufacturer, retail and service provider partners committed to driving market success through peer-shared intelligence, relentless innovation, and purposeful influence into the consumer journey.
Diving deeper into the vision statement led to the development of concrete goals related to the types and levels of intelligence, innovation and influence that the Institute will deliver and facilitate.
Intelligence: The Institute will serve as a nerve center for data, insights, critical analysis, case studies and proprietary retail coverage to provide members with actionable, field-tested strategies for growth and the inspiration to generate new business ideas.
Innovation: The Institute will be a test lab and showroom for the future of retail, shared through exclusive live events and interactive digital presentations.
Influence: Through the insights, resources, and reach of its collective body, the Institute will help members go to market with deeper support and an authoritative voice to create meaningful connections and greater impact with customers, the industry, and within their organizations.
These goals will first be fully evident at i3, a new annual event designed to showcase and celebrate the outstanding progress in the ever-changing retail market.
Path to Purchase Institute Advisory Board
- Vanessa Bueno, Principal, Savvy Design
- Heather Campain, Customer Leader, Omnichannel Strategy & Activation, Johnson & Johnson
- April Carlisle, Vice President, Shopper Marketing, Coca-Cola Co.
- Heidi Froseth, Customer Leader, Omnichannel Strategy & Activation
- Tracy Galindo, Multicultural & Specialty Marketing, Jewel-Osco (Albertsons Companies)
- Carlos Garcia, Industry Manager, CPG-Retail, Facebook
- Byron Gilstrap, Global Lead, Retail E-commerce Platforms Capability, Kellogg’s
- Howard Klein, Group Management Director, FCB/Red
- Kelly Marsh, Director, Coffee Experiences, Industry Affairs and Capabilities, Nestle Starbucks Coffee
- Brian Messerschmitt, Vice President, Shopper & National Marketing, Albertsons Companies
- Laura Moser, Director, Business Leadership & Client Development, HMT Associates
- Alicia Mosley, Shopper Marketing Director, Tyson Foods
- Jay Picconatto, Marketing Director, Shopper Marketing, General Mills
- Rob Rivenburgh, CEO North America, The Mars Agency
- Dan Sabanosh, Director, Shopper Marketing, Great Northern In-Store
- Jon Schultz, Managing Director, TPN Retail
- Mark Williamson, Head of Retail Partnerships, Peapod Digital Labs
- Jason Young, Chief Media Officer, Quotient