Eyes on the Aisles: H-E-B’s 'Elevated' Store Format
H-E-B reopened its Bellaire, Texas, market on June 27 after completely redeveloping one of the company’s first H-E-B Pantry locations to turn it into the first multilevel store in the Houston area.
Boasting 78,000 square-feet, the revamped store is more than twice the size of the original and aims to offer a convenient experience tailored to Bellaire, which is the highest-earning community in all of Houston with an average household income of $235,000.
“We have been a part of the Bellaire community for more than 24 years and are committed to our loyal customer following,” said Armando Perez, senior vice president of H-E-B Houston, in a statement. “While the Bellaire store will offer an enhanced in-store experience with the highest standard of service and selection, we are also always looking for ways to be innovative and connect with our customers on a new level.”
Take a look inside the store below.
Other offerings added to the Bellaire location include:
- A large assortment of Texas-made products and kosher products.
- Prime Case Butcher shop featuring USDA Prime, natural and organic meats.
- A full-service seafood department with fresh fish and seafood, plus sushi and poke bowls handmade in-store by Sushiya daily.
- A full-service Scratch Bakery and Tortilleria highlighting a wide selection of organic and artisan breads baked daily and large varieties of desserts, pastries and custom cakes.
- A “Healthy Living” department with bulk foods including honey, nuts, dried fruits and a wide variety of supplements.
For now, H-E-B is keeping busy with store developments and redevelopments. Shortly after opening the Bellaire location, H-E-B opened an even bigger store (106,000-square-foot) in College Station, TX, also focused on fresh food and convenience.